Denim Fabric Market 2023 – 2030 By Fabric Type (Raw, Sanforized, Crushed, Stretch, Selvedge, and Others), and End-Use Industry (Clothing & Apparel, Décor & Homeware, and Accessories),Raw Material (Cotton, Spandex, Polyester, and Others)- Partner & Customer Ecosystem (Product Services, Proposition & Key Features) Competitive Index & Regional Footprints by MarketDigits
Industry : FMCG | Pages : 187 Pages | Published On : Jul 2023
The global denim fabric market had a value of $18.1 billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach $27.9 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2023 to 2030.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the denim fabric market due to disruptions in the supply chain for denim fabric products. Additionally, the increased prices of raw materials, particularly cotton and cotton yarn, led to a decrease in denim fabric production during the pandemic.
Denim fabric is a durable cotton twill fabric commonly used in the apparel industry for jeans, jackets, shorts, jeggings, and other clothing and accessories. It is a strong fabric created through weft and warp weaving methods, resulting in diagonal denim ribbing. Occasionally, other fibers like polyester or spandex are added in small proportions to achieve specific attributes.
Denim fabric manufacturing is a growing industry in countries such as China, India, Bangladesh, Brazil, Italy, and others. The industry is experiencing healthy growth in most global economies due to the easy availability of cotton and increased demand for denim wear. Moreover, the entry of new manufacturers in the global denim fabric market has intensified the competition.
For example, according to Textile Value Chain, the number of denim fabric mills in India increased from 30 in 2012 to 46 in 2023, representing a 53.3% growth. This rise in the number of mills may lead to the availability of denim fabric at affordable prices, driving market growth. Additionally, a significant portion of denim fabric consumption comes from unbranded denim manufacturers, further contributing to market growth.
However, cotton remains a major raw material for denim fabric manufacturing, and its prices are subject to fluctuations due to various factors such as poor weather conditions, declining cotton production, and changing market dynamics. These fluctuations in cotton prices directly impact the denim fabric market, hampering its growth. Furthermore, traditional denim production involves the use of synthetic chemicals, which can pose environmental and health risks. To address this, several mills have developed sustainable alternatives to meet the growing demand for sustainable denim, presenting future growth opportunities for the global denim fabric market.
The market analysis of denim fabric considers factors such as raw materials, fabric types, end-use industries, and regions. Raw materials include cotton, spandex, polyester, and others. Fabric types encompass raw, sanforized, crushed, stretch, selvedge, and others. End-use industries comprise clothing & apparel, décor & homeware, and accessories. The market is analyzed across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and MEA.
Key companies profiled in the report include Advance Denim Co., Ltd., Arvind Limited, Bextex, CONE Denim LLC, HA-MEEM Group, House of Gold, LLC, Isko, Modern Denim Ltd., Noman Group, and Raymond UCO Denim Pvt. Ltd. The report provides in-depth information about these major participants in the denim fabric industry.
Denim Fabric Market, by Region
In 2020, the Asia-Pacific region accounted for 79.2% of the denim fabric market share, and it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period. The region's significant market trend is the increasing utilization of denim fabric for a wide range of products such as jeans, shirts, jackets, and more. The availability of cotton has played a crucial role in driving the growth of the denim fabric market in this region. Additionally, preferential market access has positively influenced the textile sector in Bangladesh, leading to a substantial increase in demand for denim fabric in that market.
Denim Fabric Market, by Raw Materials
The cotton segment was the largest revenue generator in 2020, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. Cotton fabric has been used for clothing and house decor since ancient times. It offers comfort, durability, and is lightweight. Cotton denim fabric dominates the global market due to its easy availability, shorter production time, and a wide range of color options.
In 2020, the raw fabric type was the largest revenue generator, and it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. Raw denim, also known as dry or unwashed denim, has a long lifespan, and its color fades with each wash. It was originally used by Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss to make clothing for miners and workers. Raw denim is known for its toughness, versatility, and appeal to all age groups.
Denim Fabric Market, by End Use
The decor & homeware segment is expected to expand at the fastest rate during the forecast period, growing at a CAGR of 5.0%. An lesser-known application for denim fabric is in furniture upholstery. Although not as popular as leather or microfiber, many people prefer the soft and comfortable feeling of denim furniture. It is used in couches, loveseats, recliners, sectionals, and various other types of furniture.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
• The application of Porter’s five forces analysis helps stakeholders analyze the potential of buyers and suppliers and understand the competitive scenario in the industry, aiding in strategy building.
• The report outlines current denim fabric market trends and provides future estimations from 2020 to 2030, enabling stakeholders to identify prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
• Revenue contributions of major countries in the region are mapped individually to provide insights into their impact on the regional market.
• The study explains the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities, along with a detailed impact analysis.
• The report enlists the profiles of key players and highlights their key strategic developments.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Denim Fabric Market
• The novel coronavirus has emerged as an unprecedented global pandemic, affecting over 180 countries and causing significant loss of lives and economic damage worldwide.
• The denim fabric market has been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic due to disruptions in the supply chain for denim fabric products. Additionally, the rising prices of raw materials, particularly cotton and cotton yarn, have led to a decrease in denim fabric production during the pandemic.
• For example, according to a report published by the Denim Manufacturers Association of India (DMAI), cotton and cotton yarn prices surged by 20-30% in December 2020 compared to March 2020. Moreover, to control the spread of the novel coronavirus, there has been a significant shift of investments from other sectors towards healthcare. Many denim fabric manufacturing companies and mills have either shut down or reduced operations due to the risk of infection among the workforce, temporarily hampering the production rate of the denim fabric market.
• Furthermore, the decline in customers' income has led to a contraction in the demand for premium denim products. The industry has also faced challenges related to transportation, a shortage of skilled workforce, and reduced export/import orders during the pandemic. These factors have contributed to a decline in demand for denim fabric.
• In addition, several textile trade shows and exhibitions have been postponed due to the increase in COVID-19 cases, limiting denim fabric manufacturers' opportunities to acquire new clients and sales globally.
• However, the introduction of bio-antibacterial and environmentally safe denim fabrics may boost the growth of the denim fabric market. Several governments have also collaborated with textile export promotion councils and other industry stakeholders to enhance textile and apparel exports by finalizing a list of potential export products. For instance, the Indian Ministry of Textiles has decided to continue the Rebate of State and Central Taxes and Levies (RoSCTL) scheme, offering remission of duties and taxes on exported textile products.
• Moreover, several American and European retailers have shifted textile orders originally produced in India to China to ensure timely supply of goods. This may contribute to the performance of the Chinese denim fabric industry during the COVID-19 situation. As lockdown restrictions are gradually lifted, the denim fabric manufacturing sector is expected to recover soon, driven by an increased demand for clothing, accessories, homeware, and other denim-based products in both developed and developing economies.
Denim Fabric Market Report Highlights
By RAW MATERIAL
By FABRIC TYPE
• Clothing & apparel
• Decor & homeware
• Americas (Mexico, Colombia, Nicaragua, U.S., Guatemala, Peru, Argentina, Dominican Republic, Paraguay, Ecuador)
• Europe (Turkey, France, UK, Ukraine, Poland, Serbia, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Romania, Italy)
• Asia-Pacific (Bangladesh, Vietnam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, China, Tunisia, Sri Lanka, Korea, Indonesia, Russia, India, Thailand, Pakistan, Japan)
• MEA (Egypt, Morocco, Madagascar, Kenya, South Africa)
Key Market Players
ADVANCE DENIM CO., LTD., NOMAN GROUP, BEXTEX, ARVIND LIMITED, MODERN DENIM LTD, CONE DENIM LLC, RAYMOND UCO DENIM PVT. LTD., ISKO, HOUSE OF GOLD, LLC, HA-MEEM GROUP
Table and Figures
At MarketDigits, we take immense pride in our 360° Research Methodology, which serves as the cornerstone of our research process. It represents a rigorous and comprehensive approach that goes beyond traditional methods to provide a holistic understanding of industry dynamics.
This methodology is built upon the integration of all seven research methodologies developed by MarketDigits, a renowned global research and consulting firm. By leveraging the collective strength of these methodologies, we are able to deliver a 360° view of the challenges, trends, and issues impacting your industry.
The first step of our 360° Research Methodology™ involves conducting extensive primary research, which involves gathering first-hand information through interviews, surveys, and interactions with industry experts, key stakeholders, and market participants. This approach enables us to gather valuable insights and perspectives directly from the source.
Secondary research is another crucial component of our methodology. It involves a deep dive into various data sources, including industry reports, market databases, scholarly articles, and regulatory documents. This helps us gather a wide range of information, validate findings, and provide a comprehensive understanding of the industry landscape.
Furthermore, our methodology incorporates technology-based research techniques, such as data mining, text analytics, and predictive modelling, to uncover hidden patterns, correlations, and trends within the data. This data-driven approach enhances the accuracy and reliability of our analysis, enabling us to make informed and actionable recommendations.
In addition, our analysts bring their industry expertise and domain knowledge to bear on the research process. Their deep understanding of market dynamics, emerging trends, and future prospects allows for insightful interpretation of the data and identification of strategic opportunities.
To ensure the highest level of quality and reliability, our research process undergoes rigorous validation and verification. This includes cross-referencing and triangulation of data from multiple sources, as well as peer reviews and expert consultations.
The result of our 360° Research Methodology is a comprehensive and robust research report that empowers you to make well-informed business decisions. It provides a panoramic view of the industry landscape, helping you navigate challenges, seize opportunities, and stay ahead of the competition.
In summary, our 360° Research Methodology is designed to provide you with a deep understanding of your industry by integrating various research techniques, industry expertise, and data-driven analysis. It ensures that every business decision you make is based on a well-triangulated and comprehensive research experience.
- Tailored advice to Drive your Performance
- Product Planning Strategy
- New Product Stratergy
- Expanded Research Scope
- Comprehensive Research
- Strategic Consulting
- Provocative and pragmatic
- Accelerate Revenue & Growth
- Evaluate the competitive landscape
- Optimize your partner network
- Analyzing industries
- Mapping trends
- Strategizing growth
- Implementing plans
Covered Key Topics
Market Growth Drivers
Leading Market Players
Company Market Share
Market Size and Growth Rate
Market Trend and Technological